CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

to give and to receive...oh what joy!

We were soo excited to RECEIVE a package in the mail a few days ago, from India.
The kids each got a personalized postcard from grandma and grandpa Asplund, and a Pass-Along card with a special message from Jesus (via gma and gpa). Thank you for the unexpected mail, the kids were soo excited to get it and read their messages-Ame read everyone's to them!
We are also making a few deliveries ourselves today. Kaipo's sports teacher gave away HUGE zuccini's on the last day of class, so we decided to make Zuccini Bread. I even found cinnamon chips (they are hard to find), which my mom uses in her recipe and they make it oohh soo good!
Kaipo's nursery teacher has been sick,
so we are taking some to her.
It always feels so good to GIVE and
find ways for the kids to show simple acts of service.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds so yummy- will email me the recipe!

ohana=)mama said...

wow that look yummy... what a good service idea! My kids love doing service but I don't do it as much as I should!

Debbie said...

send some of that bread my way:)

Allan and Diane said...

yum, yum the zuchinni bread looks delicious. And cinnamon chips--we can't even get the old choc. chips here. Glad the kiddos liked their post cards.