CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sluffing & A Recipe

It is 2:00pm on Sunday afternoon and our church started an hour ago. I am home alone and it is VERY quiet! I came down with some sort of flu bug yesterday-acky, nausea, and somewhat dizzy everytime I walk from one room to the next. So I think I feel OK to sluff today. I enjoyed a nice, LONG shower, with NO interruptions of yelling or complaining from kids. And now I am just relaxing on the coach and watching an interesting program on KBYU about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The peace, quiet and relaxation will only last a little while longer,
but it sure feels NICE!
*********************************************************
A couple of people asked for the recipe to my mom's (I hope it wasn't a secret recipe)
yummy zuccini bread. So here it is:
3 eggs 3 t. vanilla
2 c. sugar (brown or white) 3 t. cinnamon
2 c. grated zuccini 1 t. allspice
1 c. veg. oil 1 t. salt
3 c. flour 1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1 pkg. cinnamon chips or 1/2 cinnamon + 1/2 choc. chips
*you can also add 1 c. walnuts (I don't cuz my kids wouldn't eat it)
*I also like to make it a little healthier and substitite applesauce for oil (or half c. of each)
Beat eggs 'til foamy, add sugar, oil, zuccini and vanilla. Combine all dry ingredients. Add to egg mixture. Stir well and add chips.
Grease 2 loaf pans
Bake @350 for 1hr.

3 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

hope you're feeling better honey. Nice of Quinn to give you a short reprieve! The zuchinni bread sounds heavenly about now--haven't seen ANY zuchinni in Bangalore.

ohana=)mama said...

Mmmmm sounds good! We have lots and lots of zuchinni so I'll have to give it a try. Maybe I'll even share a little with my neighbors!

Love ya hope you're feeling better soon!

I could come up and help with the kids if you need me to just call me or Keaka (took my phone on accident in his car with him to work today.)

Raschel

Unknown said...

so sorry you are sick- it is nice to be sick on a day when the hubby can take over though-