CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dates

A month or so ago we started a new tradition with our kids, well the older 2 for now.
We rotate each of them having a date with mom or dad.
I enjoyed my date with this handsome guy!
He wanted to go to McDonalds (in the middle of the afternoon-which was great
cuz it was a scorching hot day) for an ice cream and fries AND of course playland.
I LOVED the one-on-one time together, just me and him!!
He is such a loving, generous and amazingly smart little (but not really so little) boy.
I LOVE YOU KAIPO Ame had her date with the daddy the first week and went to IHOP for breakfast.
********
Then for my date we just got a SHAVE ICE and went shopping together.
I mean what else do GIRLS do for fun??? Ame really does already like to go shopping!
Ame... I love MY girl more than I could ever express. You are soo thougtful, helpful, beautiful, inquisitive and extremely intelligent. You amaze me!

I look forward to many more years of getting to know my kids and fun dates together!

6 comments:

Chris Grover said...

this is great, britt. something i look forward to doing with our kids when they are older too! are you feeling better?

Cyndi said...

These are so much fun! We've been doing them too-well, at least Ben has lately because the kids have been choosing activities that just don't accommodate my pregnant body. I'll have to try talking them into the McD's thing or something. It is fun to get the one-on-one thing because you learn so much more about their individuality than when you have all three around!

ohana=)mama said...

Date night! That is genius = ) How happy = )

tamster17 said...

We do this too -- we call it Mommy or Daddy time. It's such a good idea to have that one-on-one time with your kids. It's so different to spend time with them by themselves w/o anyone else around. Keep it up -- your kids will definitely benefit from it! :-)

Allan and Diane said...

Those little dates that you are enjoying now will leave memories for a lifetime with those darlings (as well as yourselves). Another of your wonderful parenting practices.

Jamie and Family said...

I just finally got caught up on your blog! Fun stuff. The dates take effort, but are so worth it. I need to get better at that. Even something simple! Way to go.

It was great to visit with you, even though it was too short. I wish it could have been longer!