CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

OOPS!!

I feel soo bad!
I killed our 1st family pets.
I thought I did the few simple things
needed to keep the goldfish alive, but
apparently not!
The food I got said right on the bottle-
helps maintain clear water, but the water
did not stay clear. So Monday morning
I took them out, put them in another glass
and got clean water in their homes.
I was told by the fish lady at Wal-mart to
not use tap water, only distilled.
So I used the filtered water from out fridge.
Well this morning, Kaipo was looking at them
and said "mommy they're floating".
YES they were! Sideways.
Ame was way more sad than Kaipo.
We said goodbye to Sunny and Pepper
and down the toilet they went.
After talking with a neighbor, I think I found out
I probably froze them, using cold water straight from the fridge.
I vaguely remember my sister-in-law telling me
to let the water sit over night B4 putting them in
the clean water.
OOPS! I neglected THAT step.
All I can think is good thing we didn't get bunnies first!

5 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

how hilarious--but not for the kids. I recall how tempremental fish from the tank we had at school. Not quite as easy maintanence as one would think. Oh well there are plenty of other "fish in the sea".

Cyndi said...

Ours already died too!! Don't beat yourself up too much. My kids have learned that fish are not the kind of pets that stick around too long-even when you don't freeze them!

Jamie and Family said...

yeah, that IS funny! Can you come kill my tiny water frogs that are 5+ years old now? I've been trying and it isn't working! :-)

tamster17 said...

Oh man -- that's not a fun lesson for the kiddos! I remember back when we got our first fish -- Dallin got a goldfish from his nursery leader at church (of all places) and we brought it home and placed in a bowl. Then big sister Kayla decided when mom & dad were upstairs resting that she would take the fish for a walk. She actully took the fish out and took the poor thing for an adventure around the house in her hands! It's not fun to have to flush them and have the death talk. Better luck next time! :-)

ohana=)mama said...

We killed ours too. I was so thankful!! One less thing. I was actually praying for them to die.
I know I'm evil.