CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

River Walk

There is a trail along side a river, a ways from our house.
I discovered it when I did the 5K run, because the course we ran took the trail
for part of the run. I have been wanting to take the kids, and finally had a free
afternoon (so did Quinn). The kids wanted to ride their bikes and Ash got to take a
lone ride in the double stroller (I had a feeling Kaipo wouldn't make it the whole way
on his bike). The kids did really well on their bikes and we had quite a nice walk/ride.
It was somewhere around 95 today, so when we finally found a spot along the trail that
we could actually GET to the river, it was very refreshing!!
The river is actually quite swift and we have heard that some
people do raft down it. So we may just have to try that
sometime soon! Ash was enjoying sitting in the COLD water
and eating dirt, pebbles, or whatever he could find.
Kaipo lost one of his slippers (flip flops) and yelled to
Daddy, but he just wasn't quick enough.
The kids wore their swim suits, but QUinn and I didn't.
As you can see, Quinn was still a trooper and took the
kids OUT into the faster flowing water.

Of course it is always fun getting to the desired destination,
but the ride back was quite a bit harder (especially for Kaipo-
with only one shoe). Luckily we brought the double stroller.
Boy did we get our work out, me pushing both the boys uphill
and Quinn running with Ame, carrying Kaipo's bike!

I am so glad we made the effort to go in search of the river walk.
I only wish we would have discovered it sooner!
Hopefully we can try tubing before the summer is over :)




3 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

What a fun adventure--and almost in your backyard. I remember the place. It looks like the kids totally enjoyed this little nature walk and dip in the cool stream. Fun summer memories. Aren't you lucky to live in such a fun place.

Chris Grover said...

ooh, call me if you go tubing! that sounds fun! i miss the river right by our old house. we used to walk by that on an almost daily basis! such a fun outing for you guys!

ohana=)mama said...

That looks like so much fun and you look great as usual.

I know what it's like to get a workout carrying the kids home. When I took Keilani and Jimmy hiking we made it there fine... me carrying Jimmy asleep but after the thrill of geting there was gone I ended up carrying both of them home. Lucky for me some God sent lady was there and carried Jimmy back home for me.

How fun Quinn could go. It's always so much more fun with daddy around. Daddies always have so much more energy.... probably because the kids haven't sucked it all out of them yet.

Maybe we'll have to come up and join in the fun! It really is time for a visit.