CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Kaipo's BIG day

I almost forgot the whole idea of Kaipo choosing
HIS start of school dinner,
but luckily I had on hand what would make this kid happy.
He chose Kalau Pork and Rice (I have an
easy crock pot-cheaters way of making it)
and I even ventured to try and make my moms
homemade rolls (which I hadn't ever made).
All turned out well for dinner, and then for
dessert he wanted cupcakes. So after FHE the
kids got to decorate their own.

Ash wasn't a bit interested in decorating,
so mom frosted his and he just dug in,
while the other 2 had some fun!

I love this picture, because it captures the
PEER influence that is ongoing among siblings.
They are constantly watching each other-
through the good, the bad, and the in-between!

And here's Kaipo all ready for his
first BIG day, at preschool.
You wouldn't think that was mischief
written all over his face, would you?!
(oh this boy-I can't begin to express how
much I stress over him. From school, to primary,
to play time with friends, visits to the park, swimming
or fun center. No matter where we go
I stress about how he will behave and
interact with other kids. The grey hairs are
already appearing!!!)
But at the same time he is so loveable
and melts my heart, everytime he tells
I LOVE YOU MOM or YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL.
He is a definite charmer!!

And here he is with his new teacher
Ms. JanaLee

I hope he has a great year???!!!



5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I need that crockpot recipe! Your boy has good taste!

BTW...I think you asked about Eliza's first day of school outfit. It was from Gymboree...probably on clearance right now if you check online.

Cami said...

I am also requesting that your next post be the recipe to Kalua Pork, yum.
Your kids are so dang cute, love the pictures! How's the pregnancy coming along? Miss you guys!

Cyndi said...

Will three requests make you post the recipe? I so want that one!

I love the idea for them picking their own meal. I always wonder what you're talking about with Kaipo. I think he's such a cute and sweet kid.

Allan and Diane said...

Oh the big day for the big boy. Britt,you always know how to make your kids feel special (from Dad's mouth) and what fun things you do. I'd like some of that pork but I doubt if there are any stray pigs here in India!!!

Chris Grover said...

yeah, share the recipe, lady! well, that first nervous day is over, right? and kaipo looks so handsome and so grown up! who was more nervous -- you or kaipo?! i'm sure he will have a really fun year!