CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 01, 2009

please don't

As much as I want my Ashy Boy to become more independent and not SUCH A MOMMA's BOY, I really don't want him to grow up so fast either. Ame was reading on the calendar today and realized that Ash's birthday is THIS month. I know...he will be 2 soon!! I wanted to document something that I have been stressed about with him, of which he has made some great development in. That would be his speech. For the past several month I have been worried because he wasn't speaking much, definitley not as quickly as his siblings.
Here is a list of the words he is saying (that I can think of, off the top of my head), some may not be understood by others, but definitely by most of us here at home:
-MILK (by far his MOST favorite word-would drink it all day if I let him)
-apple
-eat
-ball
-bu-bye (bye, bye)
-more
-bath
-mom
-dad
-aipo (Kaipo, but doesn't pronounce the K)
-Ame
-all done
-uh huh (not quite sure how to spell it, but that is his yes response)
-nose (it sounds like no, but I figured out he was wanting me to wipe his runny nose-which has been running a ton lately)
I'm sure I will be adding to this list as I think of more, or as he develops more of a vocabulary :)
Way to go my growing boy!!

4 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

Oh big boy Ash, you can't be two?? You are such a darling little boy. Do you realize that you are the ONLY grandchild that we have been able to witness your birth? And that will always be a momentous time for Grandma and Grandpa. We love you and keep gabbing away with your talkative sibblings!

Debbie said...

i am so glad to hear he is talking more.

ohana=)mama said...

you should include his signs as well. Ahhh I just want to kiss him right now!

tamster17 said...

It's so crazy how fast they grow up, isn't it? My baby just turned 3 and I still can't believe it! My two boys didn't start talking until after they were 2. They both actually met with a speech therapist a couple of times a month through our school district (recommended from our pediatrician who is really proactive with that kind of stuff) at that age and once they learned they could make the sounds, off they went and now I can't stop them from talking! I was glad to get the extra help though because before that they would just grunt and point a lot and get frustrated easily because they couldn't communicate very well.