CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

A bit of a SCARE

I went to the Dermatologist a few weeks ago, for an overall skin exam. I had heard it was a good ideas, to have a professional look. I ended up having 2 moles removed. One just because it was in an annoying spot (on my pant line) and the other because the Dr. said it needed to be tested. I came home with a pamphlet and discussed it with QUinn. The mole showed serious signs of melanoma and we became VERY nervous! We were convinced it was cancer. It has been a long two weeks!!!! We went in today for the test results and to our surprise and much relief, I am in the clear. This has been a big awakening for me and I am dedicated to not WORSHIP the sun, as I always have, with not much precaution. I am determined to be much smarter, and never again think it won't happen to me!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My friend's came back positive for the worst kind of melanoma and her dad is a dermatologist! She had a really hard few months and deep skin removal but is in the clear for now. Not only do we need to smother ourselves but our little kiddos too:)

ohana=)mama said...

It's so nice to know that all is ok! I had that scare in CT with a lump in my breast! I felt so relived when it turned out to be just fine! I'm happy yours was ok too!