CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

the FIRST day of School for our two BIG kids

Rise and Shine! It is the first day of school!!!
By the look on their faces you'd think I got them up at 5am (only 7:15).
Mom made a special breakfast-Egg/Bacon/Cheese Sandwhiches
and Breakfast Milkshakes (jme we make them all the time) Here's my BIG boy all ready for his 1st day of Pre-School
Ame is SOO ready, although now going back inside for a sweater.
She was so excited to wear her new dress and of course
we get a nice cold spell, so a sweater it is!
A new backpack of course
These 2 were equally excited for each other on their 1st day
And we are off! (QUinn had class this morning)
First stop (with the boys aboard), Ame's class! She found her spot on the carpet.
It was funny there were several PROUD parents (including myself) standing along the back of the classroom snaping pics and getting video. After a few minutes of intro the teacher told all the kids to turn around and WAVE GOODBYE to their parents. That was a cute way of saying
GET OUT OF HERE!
I wasn't as teary as I thought I would be, sending off my 1st to school.
I was just proud and excited for her. We have been waiting for this day for
A LONG TIME!
Next it was off to Kaipo's class...Alphabet Train PreSchool.
Kaipo and my good friend's boy, Casen. They are great pals too!
(the are both about the same...rough & tumble & crazy)
Ms. Michelle is in our stake and was highly recommended.
I think she will be GREAT with Kaipo-giving him the discipline
and structure he needs.
I HAD to take this picture.
After all that racing around, I brought Ash home to take a quick nap
b4 we had to go back to pick everyone up. I decided to check my
email and do a few things on the computer. And after a moment of
NO interruptions, I realized...IT IS SOOO QUIET.
It actually felt really wierd, but I think I will enjoy this
2 hours/twice a week!
Then it was back to school for pick-up.
I took a cute picture of Ame with her teacher,
Miss Amy when she had her one-on-one evaluation time.
Unfortunately, I had forgotten my camera, so I just snapped
a few withmy camera phone, which now I can't get off cuz something is
wrong withmy plug. I am annoyed with my phone lately!!
(beside the point)
Here she is, after her 1st day of school!
Ame with our 2 neighbors, Jackson and Garritt
(they are in the other kindergarten class)
Ame and Ireland-she is in another ward in our church bldg,
but they have played together a few times, so hopefully they become
better friends now that they are in the same class.
I worry about Ame and making friends. She feels left out easily
(which I am sure is common at this age), and I have been trying to talk to her
about how to make friends. I encouraged her to learn the name of one
new class member each day (and each day I will ask her who she met),
until she knows everyone! Hopefully that will help her to be a
little more outgoing!!
I didn't see who instigated the hand-holding,
but I though that was cute.












5 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun and the kids look so cute. I had the same experience you had today- I put Luka down for his nap while the other two were at school and it was so quiet! I couldn't believe how free and weird I felt.

Jamie and Family said...

Yes, I agree. It can be eerily quiet. And now I have it for SIX hours a day. Well, Peyton isn't quiet the whole SIX hours, but it is still wierd to have only one home.

Cute pics! I'm sure Ame feels so ready for school!

Also, I'm jealous that she can wear sandals like that. In California here, you would think they could be practically bare foot when it's 108 outside till October, but instead they HAVE to wear shoes that cover their toes and have backs on them. I can't stand it.

Allan and Diane said...

Congratulations Ame and Kaipo. You both look so cute in your "first Day" clothes. It is good to see your new friends, teachers and read all about your day. If only EVERY day was like the first day (for kids that is--the first day is always a teachers nightmare). We love you big kids!Have a great year.

Chris Grover said...

well, now we have all the more reason to get together with the babes, right? we should set a day once a week and do some fun projects or something! i love that dress on ame, and when did kaipo decide to age 5 years? he looks soo old!

ohana=)mama said...

Ame' is such a cutie I'm sure she will have no trouble finding friends. I just want you to know that Ella came home from school and told me she had the worst day ever because nobody would play with her! So if she does have a bad couple of days just know it happens to everybody even sweet beautiful Ella Bean. I really felt bad.

What a great idea to have her remember everyone's names! She certainly has the brain for memorization she'll have it down in a week!

Seriouly she most likely will be the most popular girl in class!!! No problem.