CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

If in doubt...check and re-check

So I did my weekly gorcery shopping earlier this week and I had to get some EXTRA things to make dishes for parties we would be attending, but when my total showed on the screen I was shocked!!! I didn't think I had gotten that much more than usual. As I was walking out of the store, I noticed that a few things that were marked down WITH a tag, were scanned as regular price, so I headed to customer service to get refunded for my over-charge.
But it still seemed like I had spent WAY more for what I had actually taken home. After I got home and put everything away, I looked over my receipt more closely and found the source of the MUCH larger bill. I was charged for 59 ears of corn on the cob, instead of 5! SO instead of being charged $2.50, I was charged $29.50. I called the store and reported my finding and they said to come back in with my receipt and they would surely refund my $$.
It definitely pays to check your receipt.
If ever in doubt, I have LEARNED to always check AND re-check!

7 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

That is so funny! You didn't need 59 ears of corn? I am a receipt checker...I'll go to customer service even if it's over a quarter!

Allan and Diane said...

now that was some mistake!! Good for you for checking so close. It si a bit more difficult here trying to convert rupees to $$ and then thinking if it should be too much!!

julie said...

That happened to me last week too! I was buying some shelves for one of my closest and got charged for four when I was really buying one!

Chris Grover said...

wow, good lesson to keep in mind. that is a pretty big mistake! are you sure you didn't buy 59 ears of corn?!

Jamie and Family said...

I agree! That is definitely a big mistake! I've had a few bad things like that happen to me, so now I'm extra careful to check (unless I have three kids with me!)

Unknown said...

So true- I always try to check my receipts. Unfortunately I just always spend too much:)

ohana=)mama said...

wow I knew you liked corn but I didn't know you liked it that much! Way to be on top of it B!