CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Flossing

So how many of you parents FLOSS your kids teeth everyday???
I mean we are lucky if everyone gets them brushed twice a day!
I have to admit I have only done it a few times with Ame. She has some pretty big gap between her front teeth, so I thought (to myself) it wasn't that necessary. BOY WAS I WRONG! We visited the dentist today and got some shocking news...cavities!!! I am too embarrassed to say how many. In my defense, because I really do feel like it is MY fault, the kids haven't been to the dentist in over a year (no insurance for a while) and even worse they have Quinn's Horrible Teeth Jeans (is it hereditary?).
I guess this mom got a rude awakening about the importance of
flossing her kids teeth too!

4 comments:

ohana=)mama said...

When Keilani had about $3000 worth of dental work done at age two due to an infection in her teeth when she was born we started flossing religiously! It actually isn't that bad once it becomes a habit. Luckily since the big ticket dentist visit we have had all perfect check ups.

ohana=)mama said...

Oh I used to work with a dentist and yes it is hereditary! Those Hanamaikai boys have the worst teeth!!!

Allan and Diane said...

so how does Ame like the dentist?? I remember going with you when Ash was a newborn. All those cavities since then? Wow, I'm surprised. Did she fuss over the fillings?

Unknown said...

I am sorry but I have never flossed my kids teeth. I think that a lot of cavities are hereditary. I brush my kids teeth the same and Savannah has had more but I know for a fact Coop eat more candy.