CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

spring flowers

Last fall, I followed in my moms footstep, when she bought some tulip bulbs. I got them home, excited... but nervous, and planted a bunch around in my 3 flower beds in the front of our house. I am VERY clueless when it comes to plants and what to do with them.
But I dug away, buried and watered.
Now that spring is just around the corner I have been wondering if I DID IT RIGHT, last Fall. Well a few days ago Ame was outside and came running in the house, VERY excited to tell the news...Moms plants were beginning to bud!
I don't really know what else I am going to do in all these flower beds, but I have been researching some websites my neighbor gave me and seeing what I like, what I think looks good and prices. Hopefully I can get a clue about all this plant "stuff". I am just feeling overwhelmed since this is the first time I have done it from the beginning stages.
Any suggestions from the "pros" out there, feel free to give me some advice.
PLEASE!**Another spring addition**
I am very amateur (at best) with crafts.
But I was at Michael's the other day and saw lots of
really cute wreaths displayed on their wall.
Unfortunately they were all like $40+. Not within my decorating budget!
So I thought to myself, those can't be that hard to make, can they?
Well, this was my meager attempt at a Spring Wreath.
As I look at it, I see where I may make some adjustments/additions...
But for now, this was a pretty simple project (even for someone like me),
for around $10!



3 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

HEY BRITT-WAYYYYYYYYY CUTE SPRING WREATH. SOME SERIOUS TALENT DISPLAYED THERE. GLAD THOSE TULIPS ARE SPROUTING-KEEP US POSTED AND "HAPPY SPRING"

Jamie and Family said...

I'm not an expert at planting at all. BUT, we have had to do our yard both front and back from scratch! I would get so obsessed and not want to do something until I KNOW I'd love it. Not possible if you've never done it before. You really have to learn by doing it, and then sometimes un-doing it. Really pay attention to how big a plant WILL get someday, whether its a perrenial or annual. And don't be alarmed that when you first plant things they look sort of unsatisfying. You have to wait a week or two to start seeing the full effects (at least of flowers). Trees and shrubs are another story. Those take years of vision and patience!! Also, I love Evergreen stuff that keeps some green year round. I would really buy the western garden book at Costco. Its huge and like $20, but it has info on EVERY plant in the world. Love it.

Wow, this is a long post. Good luck!

Jamie and Family said...

Also, one of my favorite places in the world to get inspiration and ideas of how to plant what is Temple Square!