CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving





Ame was really into Thanksgiving this year. She wanted to help with everything, from baking to table setting. She even made little turkey place settings for everyone. It was so fun to see her interest and curiosity, as she learned more and more about Thanksgiving, the traditions and the reason for this Holiday.

Friday night we met my aunt in salt lake and all went to eat and had planned to go to Temple Square. Unfortunately not all of us made it there. After eating we went to our cars to get all bundled up, so we could ride trax to the temple. Well, as we were walking through the parking lot, lets just say Kaipo's dinner must not have agreed with him because it ALL came up. We decided we should just take him home, so my parents took Ame and we left. We were really bummed to have to leave, but I guess I should be thankful he didn't throw up in the car or after we were on the train to the temple, right?! AMe and my parents had a great time despite the cold. A quick story about something Ame said on their visit to temple sq. After walking around and seeing the lights they wanted to go inside & see the big statue of Jesus, but it was soo crowded so they didn't get to. But my mom was asking Ame were Jesus really is. She replied, "He is in Heaven, AND somewhere else. My mom curiously asked, where else? Ame said, "In your heart." Thats my girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really cute story about Ame! When your kids say things like that it makes it all worth it. I hope Kaipo is feeling better:)

Chris Grover said...

Hope you had a fun Thanksgiving! That is such a sweet story about Ame! Good that you wrote it down -- that's one that will be good to remember!