CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

First Big Snow!


The first snowfall is always soo exciting, especially to the kids. Ame has been begging since the snow first started to fall on MOnday, to go out side and play. Finally after 2 days of snowing I let her and Kaipo go out on our back deck (I know I am lame to not go with them). Kaipo was in heaven and thought it was the best thing ever, Ame tried building a snow man, but didn't have much success. I told her maybe tomorrow we could go out together and build one, so I guess I have to keep my word. It was just so easy to let them go out and me stay warm inside & take pictures from the doorway, knowing they were enclosed and safe to play. Kaipo threw the biggest fit when I made them come in, but by then he had pulled off his beenie and dropped a glove off the side, plus he already has a cough to begin with. But I think they had fun anyway!

4 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Are you guys freezing yet? I can't believe how quickly the weather changed! I always love the first snow too, but ask me in about a month and I will not be so happy! I'll be waiting to see the snowman :)

Anonymous said...

What a good mom- I'm not ready to go out in that stuff yet. I was so sad to see all the snow this morning.

Jamie and Family said...

ugh! looks so cold! and by the way, i would have done just what you did! it's not quite as fun for us as it is for the kids!

Grammy said...

Britt - I am so glad I live in Phoenix and that I do NOT have to have the snow! I grew up in it and loved it as a kid, but I hate driving in it, shoveling it, and having it melt all over the inside of my house when kids come in. But you are doing the right thing with your kids when you let them enjoy it. I love your blog!