CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Time Flies.......

NO, I didn't just post all of these 5 in the last hour after I finished school (as the time may show). I did a lot of much need blog catch up last night until about 11:30 instead of getting the sleep that I should have been getting. I am just now posting them because for some reason my computer last night wouldn't do it?!?
WOW, where has this month gone? Oh yeah, into my classroom. I can't say this past month has been easy by any means, for any of us. After the third official day of school I feel exhausted and more overwhelmed than before, and I honestly find myself wondering how I am possibly going to do this for a whole school and maybe, just maybe, many more years to come?! I know things get easier in time, but right now I want to go to sleep and never wake up, because really, life just feels too hard!! I know I have just had several extra hard, stressful days and tomorrow will very well be easier, and I know soo many people have faith and confidence in ME. Maybe that is making me feel overwhelmed too, because my expectations are set too high. I just have to continuously remind myself that I can do this and I am strong, but can't expect perfection!
DON'T compare myself to others. That is just not fair to myself. I know there are many, many other working moms, and I have a perfect example of someone who did just what I am doing for 25 years (my own amazing mom)!!
OK I got it out. I am not one who usually poors out my negative feelings
here in our family blog, but right now, it is what it is!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Job! I am glad you wrote how you feel. I am sure it is so very hard to be working! I can't imagine all the things you are doing. You will get through it though. You are amazing:) One day at a time.

Diane and Allan said...

Britt , glad you got it out and yes you have reason to feel overwhelmed, discouraged and unable to manage everything. I remember how challenging it always was...yes you will get a routine but it is still hard.(where is Pat Noreiga when you need her??) But there are good things that will come of it. Your kids will become more responsible and independent and you all will really cherish the time you do have together. It won't happen overnight, but it will get easier. There is a multitude of reasons that we have great CONFIDENCE in you Britt. You have developed some amazing qualities over the years that have prepared you to manage this---too many to elaberate on here. We love you honey and know you can do this, just like other hard things you have done in your life (and quite well I might add).