CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fourth of July Celebrations

We had a FUN FILLED 4th of July.

I did a 5K run in the morning (wimpy run compared

to the ones many of my friends are running), then

we took the kids to the Layton Parade, Quinn played some

pick up vball in the park, we walked around the park

and booth for a while, got some shave ice.

Headed home for a few hours to nap.

Then spent the rest of the evening with our

good friends the Wadman's. They were gracious

enough to invite us over for a BBQ.

Then we headed down the street to watch the city

fireworks. We waited and waited...

and they finally began.


Even though LOTS of our neighbors had the really

GOOD fireworks for several nights, Kaipo insisted we

do our own too. We don't spend much on ours.

But he was happy anyway!



This year I tried to be much more mindful

of my blessings and freedoms.

I feel soo much gratitude for all those who

have lost their lives, so I could have the life I do

(as hard as it may be at times), at,

and my children can enjoy life each day!










1 comments:

Diane and Allan said...

Looks like you found some fun and busy things to do on the 4th. Guess the kids were totally happy with the day!