CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Joy School

I have never participated in Joy School b4.
Mostly because I have always wanted my kids
to have experiences away from me, and lets
face it I do need a break sometimes.
But for economic sake, I thought why not give it
a try and if anything safe us some $$ every month.
This past week , amidst starting school myself,
it was MY TURN to teach joy school.
Lets back up a bit.
Ash has not had such a smooth start with this
whole preschool thing. WIth joy school we are
rotating between 7 homes, and I don't think that
is Ash's ideal environment. He missed 3 straight
classes because he just wouldn't stay when MOM
took him. So I thought lets have DAD take him
and sure enough, it worked!
SO I think he is liking it a bit more, or maybe
just because it was with mom this week.
We have a really cute bunch of kids.
All pretty low key and they get along very well.
(Porter, Hyrum, Abram, Ash, Abby, Jacob and Jaylee)
My 2 lessons included:
Joys of the Earth-seasons/seeds and animals
We planted seeds, talked about the seasons, sang songs,
ate apples, applesause, apple juice.
Then we made bird feeders out of pinecones,
brought pets to share, and much, much more!
These are quite detailed/interactive lessons, but a lot of fun!
After a whirlwind week, I am glad to have a break
for 7 weeks! Although this week we are taking
a fieldtrip to Great Harvest Bread
(that's if I don't get a sub teaching job, which
is always a possibility...oh yes one of the other
things on my list of busyness).
I hope I don't have to miss this one, I LOVE GHB!
It was a JOY to spend time with my Ashy Boy this week
and see him interacting with his peers!


3 comments:

Cyndi said...

How fun that you're doing Joy School. I happen to be a big fan! I love that you get a chance to spend time with your child & then have a giant break where you can send them off to learn at others'. I can't imagine having 7 though! I guess a bigger group equals bigger breaks!

Cyndi said...

P.S. I'm glad you found a solution to getting Ash to go by having Quinn take him!

Allan and Diane said...

They look like a cute class of munchkins. Good its only every 7 weeks.