CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fieldtrips

This has been a busy week for mom, with 2 fieldtrips.
But I was so glad I got to go with Ame on hers.
Yesterday, all the first graders went to a farm.
Of course because of CRAZY Utah weather
it was FREEZING Cold, but we had a great time,
despite being frozen the whole time!
We got to see lots of interesting things.
From the process and tools of Cow Milking
to this poor sheep getting a shave
(they say its just like getting a haircut for us
and didn't hurt the little guy, but I still felt bad for him)
the llama
wildly LOUD turkeys
cute little "kids"
and after the Dairy 3-A-Day presentation
they got a sample...string cheese
I am so thankful for these fun opportunities
to spend time with my kids, even
though at times it is hectic and crazy to
GET THERE.

*********************
This morning Kaipo had a fieldtrip
to our local Nursery.
Luckily we just did a quick tour outside and spent
the rest of the time in the greenhouse inside
(the reason for the foggy picture),
because it was another snowy COLD day!
Kaipo was soo inquisitive and full of
questions & coments
the benefits of being the little brother
of a preschooler...you get to go on lots
of fieldtrips too!
And Nalu got to tag along too, and
of course he was a good little boy and
enjoyed the sights (and sounds) as well!
I'm not touching...just looking?!
PROMISE
what's that falling on my head?

Very Interesting

I didn't pick this off the plant?!
Yes, I am cute!!

partners in crime...
the whole gang
ALthough it is A LOT of work sometimes for me and the boys
to go on Kaipo's monthly fieldtrips, we have had
lots of fun! And I love to see Kaipo interacting with his
friends and just being KAIPO.
He is quite a character!!



















2 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

That is great that you MAKE the effort to do these special things with the kids. They will remember YOU being there far beyond what they saw. GOOD MOMMIE

Cyndi said...

You're such a great mom to join your kiddos on the fieldtrips! I have been missing those with the baby from crazy town the last year. I can't wait to go more next year since I can finally leave her.

That looks like a pretty great farm there! How fun that you got to see all of that cool stuff.