CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

He's 5

Saturday was Kaipo's birthday and he is FINALLY 5.
He has been anticipating this BIG day for a long time!
Thanks to my family for buying him this
awesome BIG KID bike.
He has been riding it around the house (with
the training wheels on) NON-STOP, because his dad told him
he had to learn to ride it really good and fast,
then he can take the training wheels off.
He is determined to be a BIG BOY!!
He has a Kindergarten checkup tomorrow
and I am curious to see how he ranks
on the growth charts. I already know he is one tall kid!
We also have Kindergarten Registration this week.
A funny thought about that-
one day on our way to preschool, he said
pretty soon I won't be going to preschool, and I
agreed and said you're right, in my mind thinking
he meant when summer comes & this school year is over.
But Kaipo thought that when he turned 5
automatically he stopped preschool and
started going to Kindergarten. He definitely could
pass for a Kindergartener or even first grader!
Besides his bike he got lots of other fun stuff.
Here are some of the things 5yr old Kaipo is into:
*Legos and Trio's-he LOVES to
build and create things
* Anything superhero
*He has taken a recent interest in sports,
particularly basketball-hurray!
He can put that height to good use :)
*He is quite the artist and has an
amazing imagination
*He loves to play games on the computer
*He feels soo grown up now that he is
learning to read
We had a family party for him at Boondocks.
They rode cars, played lazertag, bowling,
arcade games, climbed around and just had a blast!!
He chose to have a
TRANSFORMERS cake
this year
I wish I could say I was ambitious enough
to make this one, but no I was not!
Thanks goodness for a
cupcake cake. It eliminates the mess
of cutting & serving.
Everyone came away with black teeth and
messy faces, but I think they enjoyed the treat.
I got LOTS of pictures of Ash, because
dad was off with the BIG kids, while mom
was with the little boys. But I really did
not do a good job of picture taking
(I only hope that Karli or LeAnne got
more pics than I did. I am sure they
did of their OWN kids, cuz they
are much better than I at that)
Ash was in HEAVEN with the mini-bowling,
and got several games in, with whoever would play!
I sure hope Kaipo had a great birthday!
We are so proud of him and think he is one amazing boy.
He is so full of energy, curiosity, imagination, and love!
Despite all the frustration & stress he may cause us,
its like the saying Quinn found, by Mark Twain,
that we put on the wall in his room...
My mother has a great deal of trouble with me,
but I think she enjoys it.
We Love you Kaipo,
and wouldn't want YOU any other way!!









5 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

Well we too think Kaipo is a pretty amazing boy and continues to surprise us with what he thinks and says. He is so sweet and lovable . The party was even VERY fun for grandma and grandpa. Thanks!

Unknown said...

So cute- Ava thought the same thing- she was ready to go to Kindergarten the minute she turned 5! I can't believe these kids are growing up so fast.

Jamie and Family said...

Happy Bday Kaipo! Sometimes being tall is a disadvantage for a kid because people expect them to be as mature as they look, even if they're not ready for it! I have some kids in my class right now that are literally half his size. They don't even look like they belong in pre-school! Fun party and the cupcake cake is a great idea. Haven't tried one of those yet.

(btw, yes I did all the "projects" hanging in the classroom. She had it set up, but I've added and taken away. With all the holidays this time of year, we are crazy into Presidents Day, Valentines Day, Dr Seuss bday, Farm Day, St. Patricks Day, Amtrak Train Day and then Easter....all in six weeks! Makes me want to cry just thinking of prepping it all!)

Jeff and Andee said...

Oh, how I LOVE this little guy of yours! I can't believe he is FIVE!! Happy Birthday Kaipo! Miss you guys!

Mary said...

britt, your kids are so cute! It's so fun to see what you are up to. I wish we lived closer so we could get our kids together!!