CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 24, 2009

the BIG day finally arrived!!

Ame has been anticipating this day for
soo long! We had a great Sunday getting everything
all ready, and Mom even had good intentions of
early bedtime. I think she may have finally
fallen asleep by 10:30 (not all her fault, she
has been suffering from allergies pretty bad
the last couple of weeks and of course they
are the worst at night).
**********
But here is the big 1st grader all ready
for her first day of class
in front of her schoolhanging up her bag-with her lunch
inside, which is a super big deal!
sitting at her desk, all eager to learn!
I thought I would be A LOT more emotional
this morning than I was. I think more than
anything I am just so excited for Ame and
the adventure that awaits her!
Although I did have a hard time leaving her
class. I did leave the actual room but kept watching
through the window. I already can't wait (like the
boys who keep asking when is Ame going to be home)
to meet her after school, to hear all about her day :)
Can you tell this is my first child in school???

2 comments:

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

So fun! Ame looks darling (as always!). I am sure she will have a great day! My kids were excited, too, but also a little sad to see the end of summer.

Sounds like you had a fun, eventful weekend. Glad your belated anniversary dinner was fun!

Love you!

Allan and Diane said...

Oh Ame, you look so darn cute--we love your clothes and ROXY bag and your hair and especially your BIG EXCITED SMILE. We wish we could be there to celebrate your first day but we will come and visit your class when we get home. Can't wait to talk to you and hear all about your new class and teacher.