CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

gotta LOVE this

Ame was anxious to have a grapefuit, and needed a sprinkle of sugar on it. Of course she couldn't wait for mom to get down the newly filled/completely FULL tub of sugar, so she thought she would be helpful and get it down from the top shelf of the pantry all by herself. I heard a crash and a I didn't mean to do it!!! Only to come out and find THIS fun mess all over my kitchen floor. Of course I reacted without stopping to take a deap breathe. But to my defense we did need to leave for dance class in like 10 minutes and we were already running late. I wasn't planning to sweep the kitchen twice (not even once) b4 we left. QUinn's response in passing as we left and he returned home, was its OK she doesn't do things like this very often. If only I had had the same response. Of course it is easy to respond that way when you are not IN the moment and have to actually clean up the mess, while running late. Once again, this mom learned she is all too quick to react negatively, in stressful situations. Ame WAS only trying to be helpful. How would YOU have reacted????

2 comments:

ohana=)mama said...

I would have reacted exactly the same way as you did except I would have just left it there and cleaned it up when we got home or not gone at all.

I'm sure you apologized and told her you loved her so I'm sure she'll forgive you and you both learned a lesson in forgiveness.

I'm high stress too. Although I KNOW that you can hold it together under stress much better than I can any day.

Allan and Diane said...

O.K. I'm impressed with one part of this story--you had your "wits" about you enough to even TAKE THIS PICTURE! That says something about your calmness and ability to deal with stressful moments. Do we not ALL expect near perfection with our 1st child?? Aren't you glad you are #2 in our family? Have a non-stress day Bertie.