CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

feeling uncreative

Since THIS mom has decided against a Bunny for the kids, for Easter (or any time soon for that matter), I am feeling uncreative as to what to get instead. I feel since they aren't getting what they'd SOO hoped for, I have to come up with something great instead. I know Easter is not about gifts, and I should be teaching my kids that, but it isn't quite that easy. Do you think dad has taken one thought about any of this?? Of course not! This is just one more thing that is ALL ON MOM. So if anyone has a creative/fun idea to throw my way, I am very open to suggestions :)

3 comments:

Asplund Family said...

Your guess is as good as mine....I just do Easter baskets with candy and maybe some kind of little toy/coloring stuff/a new Easter tie for my boys. I've never been big on the Easter gifts. But maybe I just stink as a mom!

Allan and Diane said...

I think again you are beating yourself a bit too much about this issue. I have never yet seen children the age of yours not happy as larks when they attack their Easter Baskets. There's always a "chick" just ask Jason!!

Unknown said...

I never got gifts for easter- just a basket with candy- which is great. Luckily that is the only expectation I have created for my children. A few little extras I do give are always from Deseret book to really try and keep Easter in the season- they get a CTR ring (there are a ton of really cheap cool ones), a cool church book, church stickers- that kind of stuff and they really like it.