CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

An early visit from Santa

Because we were going to be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Quinn's family, in Orem, we decided to just spend the night (also because the weather was suppose to be stormy) down there. So, mom and dad decided it would be a good idea (thx Jme) to have Santa pay our home an early visit. When I brought up that idea to Ame, of course she had NO PROBLEM with that, cuz it really meant Christmas lasted even longer!
So we did our Christmas eve stuff, and I decided to start a NEW tradition of Navajo Taco, so here is my fry bread. The family seemed happily impressed, so I think this one is here to stay!
We enjoyed some of the MANY yummy treats that have been graciously been given to us, and some sparkling cider.
We watched this wonderful video...to TRY to put our focus in the RIGHT place.
and did our LOVE stocking.
Ame would not let us forget to leave cookies for Santa. She left a cute note for him as well. I guess he was pleased, cuz this is the note he left in return.
Ame got a BIG surprise from Santa. Not what she had asked for, but she has been happily cruzin' her new scooter around the basement (since it is way too snowy outside), with NO complaints!
Ash is loving one of his new gifts as well!

Kaipo was more than ecstatic with his new Mega-blocks castle. He is a TRUE knight now!
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Asplund for the great gifts you got us (via mom)
We're hoping this one helps Ash say a few more (or ALOT more) words.
This one is a BIG HIT too.
Daddy liked his gifts
And mommy too
I made monkey bread last year and everyone thought it was just OK.
I thought I would try it again, and see if there were any opinion changes.
As good as I thought it was, I think I will be looking for a NEW Christmas morning breakfast.
Quinn and his family LOVE spam, eggs, rice, and the whole bit (which is what we had this morning), but I want something that is OUR tradition. (Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated)
One of our neighborhood friends brought this over on Christmas Eve (day) and I thought it was such a creative & fun gift idea.
*I may just have to borrow this one*
So the early visit, although it was a LAST MINUTE decision, actually worked out quite nicely. A LOT less stress on the REAL day, but I dont' think I want it to be a permanent thing. It still felt a little wierd! But our Christmas was still VERy Merry and Bright!!!

















2 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

Your "early" Christmas eve looked so fun. We are so grateful that you think and take time to document these special times in your family and share with us. The kids look delighted with their new surprises. And do I love your EARRINGS Brittany!!

ohana=)mama said...

That snowman thing rock and you guys certainly made a haul on the christmas presents! I bet Ame LOVES the scooter and wack a mole for Kaipo seems perfect to me. Let him get out some of the built up energy on a mole = )