CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

A.M.

I thought it would be nice to have school off today, and not deal with the craziness of everything for Halloween ALL IN ONE DAY, but maybe I was wrong. First of all-since it is a Holiday, the kids expect mucho excitement, but it is hard to find entertainment that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, of which we haven't already done! So we started off our day (after my LATE morning run of course), with a request from Ame. She wanted a Halloween Breakfast! Well since Mom didn't really plan ahead for that one, I had to pull some tricks out of my hat (or the pantry). Luckily things always seem more appealing with food coloring and cookie cutters. So we had pumpin spiced & shaped french toast, cranberry/orange muffins (which I happen to have a mix of in the pantry), and witches brew (green colored apple juice). The kids were pleasantly suprised and happily filled! We have watched movies, played games, had a picnic & LONG playtime in the park and now are just waiting...for the anti-climatic (for me anyway) part of the whole day...Trick-OR-Treating!
But I am sure it will be ultra fun for the kids, and we will have lots of candy, pictures and memories... to remember this Halloween night!!

4 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

we are totally impressed with the "tricks" you pull off for the kids and sure that these little things bring GREAT things into their young lives. BRAVO and HAPPY HALLOWEEN

tamster17 said...

What a fun way to start the day! To pull that out of your hat is pretty darn impressive! Hope you guys have a great Halloween! Ame costume is too cute -- love the Indian Princess outfit.

Eliza2006 said...

Yeah, I agree, that's impressive and festive! Good job!!!

ohana=)mama said...

Holly Cow B you are a good mommy. My Halloween morning was spent cleaning my house because I've let it go to.... well you know and throwing together Jimmy's costume!

Jimmy was lucky he got to drink three Danimals.... You're an awesome mommy... seriously!