CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11

Thanks Katie for the picture of our US flag.
I too remember this day quite well.
I was a teacher in Salt Lake City, 4th grade.
I heard what happened on the morning news,
while getting ready for work.
Then I had to go share a classroom with students,
and TRY to explain the little bit I knew.
We released all the students early to spend time with
their own families.
It truly was a historical day, and a day that changed
our nation forever!
May we all remember those lives who were lost,
and the families who were left mourning.
May we be a little more loving, caring and generous, today.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

1 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

I too had to face a class of KINDERGARTENERS--can you imagine trying to make any sense of it with them??? Never did, and for their sakes I hope they did NOT understand! It was the end of a secure feeling in our precious land.