CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 05, 2008

MORE swimming

On Tuesday, we packed a lunch and met my sister Karli to enjoy some fun in the sun time together! The aquatic center by my moms house, in North Ogden, really is KID friendly. The only thing it isn't really is MOM friendly. Maybe just not so much when you have 3 kids all interested in a different spot of the swim area. I told Quinn after returning home... it was fun, but I don't know if I will try that WITH all 3 kids again, without an extra hand (or two)! I realized this was the 1st time I had taken all three adventurous kids swimming this year.
I have taken Ame and Kaipo, but not WITH Ash too.
Ash LOVED the water and did NOT want to sit still to play too long with cousin Kaiya.
She was such a good little girl. Just sat there with Karli and splashed in the water.
My experience was somewhat different...
Following Ash's EVERY exploring move, while trying to keep a watchful eye on Kaipo-who kept going deeper and deeper into the other side of the play area. Ame TRIES to keep Kaipo in close range to her, but that just turns into a pulling and pushing experience between them.
The pool doesn't allow arm floaties, so I felt somewhat less stressed about Kaipo when
I found the FREE life-jackets to borrow.
Ame was disappointed to find out that she wasn't quite 48 inches,
which meant she wasn't quite tall enough to go on the BIG twisty slide.
But everyone found lots to explore and do.
And most importantly...we ALL kept cool (and NO sunburns)!
This was the biggest HIT for Ash

All in all, it was a VERY enjoyable day (just NOT relaxing)!





3 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

I hear ya and I feel this way every time I take my kids swimming. Luckily, the two older are getting pretty good. The whole thing is still very stressful though!

Chris Grover said...

you survived! hopefully it was a little fun somewhere in there! my favorite was watching ame pull kaipo around! pretty soon your kids will be swimming around like fish and you won't have so many worries! but then you'll have 4 more by then who can't swim, so maybe the worry never goes away! glad we could do this!

ohana=)mama said...

Wow you guys have really been livin it up this Summer with all these fun things you've been doing!

That does sound like a lot to handle all three kids at the same time! Seriously B I don't know how you do it. I probably would have just lost my mind but you seem so calm and cool..... all of the time!!!

I'm in awe!