CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

FREAK accident

Ok, so the other morning Kaipo was wearing his coat around the house, jumping & playing, and just being Kaipo. I was not in the room at the time, but QUinn was. All of a sudden Kaipo is whinning and not moving. Quinn looked over and Kaipo was stuck to the fireplace, which of course was ON. The glass gets very hot and we always tell the kids they cannot step onto the tile in front, they must stay on the carpet. Well believe it or not Kaipo wasn't following the rule and backed right into the firepace. His coat instantly burned to the glass. And this is what his new coat, this year, now looks like. Isn't that just wonderful!
We are just happy the coat was on and KAIPO didn't get burned. He was scared, hopefully enough that he won't get that close ever again. The other scary thing besides how hot the firespace gets, is how flammable this coat was. Good thing Quinn was right there and could get him away quickly, cuz I don't think Kaipo would have moved on his own. Hopefully we can find another coat ON SALE, who wants to buy a new coat at this point? I sure don't!

Of course this FREAK accident happened the morning after my windshield got a HUGE crack all the way across it. A definite streak of bad luck I think!

7 comments:

Cyndi said...

How scary!!!! I'm so glad he was okay!

Jamie and Family said...

Ugh, that is scary! How lucky he had his coat on!

By the way, could you find a cool spiderman iron-on patch or something to put over it?

Unknown said...

The things he gets into reminds me exactly of Cooper. They are so spicy and crazy!

britt said...

Jamie-it is funny you suggest that cuz I actually said that same thing to quinn after it happened. I mean the only thing he uses this BIG coat for, really, is to play in the snow. I do want to look and see if I can find something like that!

Allan and Diane said...

oh some scary things do happen with little ones. Good thing it wasn't worse but too bad for the new coat. Get out the "green" duct tape!!

Chris Grover said...

Wow, that's crazy that the glass doors would get that hot! He must have been scared to death, poor little guy!

ohana=)mama said...

That's Scary, I have a really nice red and blue coat that Kaipo can use. I got it from Rayne and Meiki. I'm sure it will fit Kaipo and it's down and very warm.

Call me if you're interested in borrowing it.