CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The BIG performance

Saturday was the annual luau and performance for Ame's Hula group. I couldn't believe what a huge turn out they had. It was held at this ampitheatre in Layton that is quite huge and it was probably 3/4 full. I could tell the little girls were quite "awe struck" when they came out on stage and saw all the people. Ame did an awesome job and felt very proud, I could tell. I was impressed at how much she actually remembered, even in front of the huge crowd. She just focused and did her thing!

It was a LONG day, on the hottest day of the year (of course). Quinn took her to dress rehearsal at 2:30 then came home and got the rest of us, because we volunteered to help out with the events of the night (as much help as we can be with 3 kids). Quinn was actually "security" so I didn't see him for most of the night, except when he came and sat for Ame's 2 performances. We appreciated the family and friends that were able to join us for this memorable & fun event (it was actually Ame's first ever "recital").


This picture captures Kaipo's personality quite well, and the energy I was blessed with throughout the day.

I actually did get video, but the amatuer blogger that I am, haven't quite figured out how to post it. Quinn did it once for me, but I never got the hang of it. Somebody needs to give me some lessons.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ame looks so cute. Wish we could have been there.

Jamie and Family said...

Very cute and so cool that its part of her heritage!

Jamie

Chris Grover said...

The first of many, I'm sure. Ame looks so cute. Sorry we couldn't make it!

Allan and Diane said...

Well, what a beautiful girl. I need one of those pictures. I wish we would have been here--it sounds like it was much more professional than the little event we attended in the park. I'm sure we would have been busting with pride!

Debbie said...

ame looks so beautiful!