CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

festivities...

I was not very good to focus my kids this year

(or myself for that matter)

on the reason for our Pioneer Holiday

(thank goodness we had an

awesome sharingtime in Primary).

Our day was actually quite boring,

I spent several hours at my school

trying to get a handle on all I have to do

to get ready. Knowing August is

JUST AROUND the corner, my stress

level is beginning to go up!

(THAT is not the focus of this post though)

But we did get some of our own fireworks

and our AWESOME neighbors

invited us to join them, so we put on

quite the show!!


Here come the kids.... Quinn getting things ready.


mom and Ash just chillin'
(Nalu missed all the fun. He was actually kind
scared on the fourth of all the loud fireworks,
so I put him to bed at his regular time and

HE didn't even know what he missed)

Kaipo checkin' out the loot.

Ash being his cute self.


Imagine that...Kaipo chasing someone.


Some of the neighbor kids having fun with the glow sticks.


with boys EVERYTHING becomes a sword, right?!



everyone enjoying the show.


Ame and her papa.


Hopefully next year I will focus myself

and kids attention on the reason for this

special holiday.

So many sacrifices were made by those

of TRUE faith. Such an example and strength

to me, and a motivation to not lose hope

or faith in difficult times.


(I love this verse from Come, Come Ye Saints)
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?

'Tis not so; all is right.

Why should we think to earn a great reward

If we now shun the fight?

Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.

Our God will never us forsake;

And soon we'll have this tale to tell-

All is well! All is well!


















1 comments:

Diane and Allan said...

I guess I have forgotten how the 24th in Utah is bigger than ever. It does give opportunity to reflect and remember (if one thinks to do that). We enjoyed the Choir broadcast here and for 1 1/2 hrs had our little celebration. Your neighborhood sure looks fun for the kids.