CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Grandma

We got word this morning of the passing of Grandma Asplund.

Although we knew her health was failing, it just didn't

prepare any of us for this sad news.

The hardest was when I finally got to talk to

my parents and to see my dad's eyes filled with tears.

I just can't say enough, how grateful I am that we made

it to Canada last fall to be with her and the

Asplund Family to celebrate the 90th birthday of this beautiful,

amazing woman. It wasn't an easy trip for any

of us, and it wouldn't have been possible

without the tremedous help of my parents.

But it was soo worth!

My kids still talk about our trip to

CANADA all the time. I am so glad

they got to meet her and now have fond

memories to hold dear. At dinner tonight I talked with the kids about the passing

of Great Grandma. And as sad as we all felt, we

agreed she is peaceful now, in Heaven WITH

Great Grandpa.
My sister Karli, who is soo eloquent with words,

shared a beautiful tribute to my grandma.

I could never express it the way she did.

So go to her blog and read what an amazing

grandma we have. No wonder we have such

an incredible father!

Leah Asplund was and is a woman to

cherish and remember with fondness!

3 comments:

Gma Burbank said...

I just read your blog about Grandma Asplund's passing. Iona & I express our condolences to you and your family. As a little boy,I knew your Grandma. My Mom & her were good friends. If I remember right, they worked together in several church callings. My mother always had good things to say about your Grandma. She will be missed, I am sure. I know she is in a good place.

Say Hi to all your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Iona & Warren Burbank

Diane and Allan said...

Thank you honey for sharing your sweet and sincere memories of Grandma. It meant so much to your Dad. We too are eternally grateful that we ALL got to spend that priceless time with Grandma while she was happy and healthy.

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma, Britt! I will be praying for you, hoping the next days and weeks will be filled with peace and wonderful memories. Love you.