CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A QUick, WONDERFUL trip

Tuesday Nalu and I got to join my mom on a
getaway to Idaho, to visit my grandma.
Quinn was surprising open to the idea of me going,
even though it was a busy week of swim lessons,
arts in the park, birthday party and he also had class one night.
Plus we have been trying to get several things
done in our yard. I made a few arrangements for the kids
to be taken care of the night he had class,
and then I was off. It was a perfect 3 day trip!
It was such a pleasant drive. Nalu was an ANGEL
and my mom & I just gabbed for 4 straight hours (each way).
I cherish that quality UNINTERRUPTED
time with my mom!, cuz we don't get it very often!
My grandma was the PERFECT host-
fantastic meals, lots of fun & enlightening conversation
and entertaining scenic drives. This is one amazing woman.
I have always known this, but spending
a few days with her I realized even more
why she is. For a woman her age I am so
impressed with all she still does.
She works in the temple weekly,
cooks/bakes-oh her rolls and cookies are the best,
keeps up her yard, reads a ton and just continues to
educate herself in soo many ways.
She has such a love for the Lord and the gospel.
She is a true disciple and an exemplar woman.
I see why my own mother is so amazing!
I hope to one day become even close to the kind of woman
that these two incredible ladies are
(not Nalu, my mom and grandma)!!

When I was getting ready to go Ame asked
me if I was going to bring her back a souvenier?
Obviously Idaho SOUNDS like a exotic place :)
I explained to her it was just like Utah, but did
bring these back...
the kids didn't think they were so grand
(and I can see why-I didn't really remember
what they were until they opened them)
One of the sights we saw on a drive one day-
my moms school house from grades 1-8.
It is actually someone's home now.
I thought I took a few (better) pics, but this
is the only one I found on my phone.


















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like heaven- I need one of those get aways! Nothing like a grandma either- I miss mine so much. As for those idaho spud candies- when Julie and I went to Boise for our cousins wedding in Feb we got one with Ava to share- Can I say DISGUSTING. I was laughing so hard when i saw that you got that for your kids.

Allan and Diane said...

It was the perfect trip Britt. So glad your sweet husband held down the fort so you could come with me. Just the best!