CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 10, 2009

The UN-FUN birthday

This is a boring post with no pictures again.
But I just had to make note of the birthday I had.
I THOUGHT it would be fun (for the kids) to go
down and stay with QUinn in SLC at his hotel Tuesday night.
He has graduation this week, for WGU, and that means a
full week of meetings, meetings, meetings, for him.
He has come home most nights just to sleep
(& then turn around and leave early the next morning), but I thought
to at least get a little enjoyment out of the free hotel stay he had,
even if it was only 30 minutes from home. There was a nice outdoor
pool and hot tub. These kind of over-night trips are often more work
than they are worth (for mom), but its all for the kids, right?!
Even if they don't show much gratitude for it :)
Quinn did bring back delicious food to our room for dinner AND
I did get breakfast in bed ON my birthday.
So that little bit made it nice for mom!
The kids gratefully slept quite well in the hotel,
but then the fun began about 5am, when Ash
woke up-irritable and restless. I took him out of the porta-crib and
put him in bed with me and Ame (QUinn was in the other bed w/Kaipo).
He rolled around a lot and maybe slept another hour total. So we were
ALL up early, ate some breakfast, and headed to the pool about 9am.
Ash continued to be irritated and didn't even want to swim. I let the
other 2 swim for awhile, then we headed back to the room, changed, packed
up all our stuff, and headed home. So the flu started with Ash
Wednesday and has taken its rounds since, Kaipo started yesterday,
and now this morning Ame. So with Quinn gone all week, and sick
kids, I can't say it has been the most ideal birthday. I even had to
buy my own birthday cake, after Ame asked if we were going to have
cake & ice cream to celebrate my birthday.
I am extremely grateful for the unexpected
visits from friends and new neighbors,
and lots of birthday wishes via facebook and email.
And a call from my sis and parents :)
Those little thoughtful gestures
meant so much more this year!
*I just hope quinn and I don't get this flu,
since we get to speak in church on Sunday.*
(the added bonus to my un-fun birthday, haha)
So if I pretty much skipped CELEBRATING this
birthday does that mean I don't have to turn a year older???

3 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

Well that does sound like a different birthday. Too bad the kids got sick. We too have the bug here (and the bugs are a whole lot scarrier here). I have been running on IBprofin for the past 2 days. Good luck with your talks.

Cyndi said...

I've learned not to expect much from my birthdays anymore. It's just not that fun getting older!! Sounds like you had an awful one though! Tell Quinn you need to head down here and we'll babysit for you while he takes you out to make up for it!!

Jamie and Family said...

I've meant to comment to say first of all, SO sorry your bday was a bomb(not a good one!). And second,I could picture everything you were saying and it sounded so stressful!!!