CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

A grateful mother

I can't say I was super grateful at 5:30am
when Kaipo came into my room crying to tell me
he had peed his bed (something he hasn't
done since he started potty training). What a choice day to do it,
especially to start this mom's day off great!
After that episode, things turned around.
I threw all his sheets/blankets in the washer
and then we all crawled back in bed for awhile.
My kids love to make me breakfast in bed,
and Mother's Day is no exception-and on this day
they actually gets daddy's help, so I get more than
just toast or cereal :) There was no relaxing though
since we have 9:00 church. Here is the beautiful lei Quinn got me
(he also got one for his mom). I love this tradition,
especially because I know he didn't just run out
last minute to pick up some flowers, but it took
some planning ahead to get it ordered to arrive on time for ME! I LOVE the kids homemade gifts from school.
They get so excited to bring it home and then
keep it a secret from me until MOther's Day!
Here is the note on the back of Ame's card.
And coincidentally they both made me
fridge magnets.
I have wanted a cruiser bike for awhile and got it
today. Ame and I are excited to go on lots of bike rides
together. Kaipo may join us sometimes, those will just be
A LOT slower rides!
We spent the rest of the day in Provo with Quinn's mom
and family-eating, playing games, eating, relaxing in the
beautiful weather, eating, and the kids driving their moms crazy!
Hope all of you Mother's had a FANTASTIC day!
I am so grateful to be a mother, even though most days
my kids may wonder if I really feel that way.
I can't believe b4 the year is through I will be a mom of 4!!!
***What a blessing***
And quite a bit of craziness!




1 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

Well quite the nice surprises for you.....don't you love those precious kid gifts--so cute. The lei is sooooo beautiful and unique and love that cruiser. What a fun thing to have. You deserve to be pampered and surprised. You are one very EXCEPTIONAL mom with qualities that are appreciated by all who know you--especially your mom and pops!!