CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun and Feasting

Today was the last day of school for Ame and Kaipo, before the Thanksgiving Holiday, so they each had Activities and a Feast! I had to run Ame's snack up to her school so I decided to stay and watch the fun things they were doing. They each made up their own Indian Name and Ame's was PINKY FIREFLY (interesting choice). They got to each make their own FRY BREAD.
And do INDIAN DANCES around the TeePee.

And even make their own cup of pudding.

Ame has an Indian Doll that her Grandma Frankie gave to her a few years ago, so she brought that to share with her class.
And here is her class FEASTING on all the snacks they made at school and the ones they each brought from home. No Turkey at this feast, but lots of yummy kid food!
After I left her school I popped over to Kaipo's preschool to see what they were doing (which was probably more of distraction that anything, but a mom has to try and be fair, right?)
Here is my other Indian child. He was given the name RUNNING WOLF. Very fitting I think!!We didn't stay long here, Ash was desperately needing a nap, and mom was ready for HIM to take one!
I feel very thankful-for beautiful, healthy children, who are able to go to school, be safe, while learning and having fun! I feel blessed to have a husband that HAS a Job, or multiple ones, and works very hard , which provides the opportunity for me to have flexibility to join my kids at school, when I can or want to, and not have to work myself (right now).
Life is busy, and full of stuff...but how else would we want it!
****We are truly blessed****






2 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

Oh those pics of the Thanksgiving feasts brought back such good memories. Your little injins are so darn cute. Keep those names--they are quite fitting. Life is good and yes you have sooooooo very much to be thankful for. And we are THANKFUl YOU ARE ALL OUR FAMILY.

Chris Grover said...

pinky firefly -- that's great! kaipo makes the perfect little Indian! looks like the kids have been having fun at school!