CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 07, 2008

Imaginary Friends

I found this article from the 'Baby Center E-Newsletter' I regularly get. It was quite enlightening for me, considering the imaginary friend Kaipo has had for quite some time now. Ame never really had one, at least not that I was aware of, so I wasn't sure what to think when Kaipo began talking to and about Kleina (who know how to spell it). I do find it interesting that this friend is a girl. Maybe cuz he has an older sister, that he is used to playing with.
********************************************************************************
Ever catch your child talking to an imaginary friend? Pretend friends can be a healthy part of your child's developing conscience and value system. They keep him company, provide solace, and even share the blame for the things your child wishes she hadn't done.
Kaipo uses the last one A LOT!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute becca had an imaginary friend for a long time

Jamie and Family said...

That is very interesting. What a cute pic too. I haven't experienced this with my girls. Its actually probably healthy! That way, they never feel alone!

Chris Grover said...

I had to laugh when they were talking about Kleina at Christmas! And such a very unique name! Doesn't it make you wonder how they ever came up with that?! So, do you punish Kleina when she gets blamed for doing something bad?!

Debbie said...

that is great! i love how he blames her, lol.

Cyndi said...

Kaipo's a smart kid to have figured out he has Kleina to blame things on! Sooo cute! At least he's not blaming Ash. Nick blames Kade for everything!

ohana=)mama said...

I love it. It's so cute. It actually makes me happy. Keilani had imaginary friends for about six months or maybe longer. Their names where Calloweena(like Halloween) and Amberdation (like her Auntie Amber with dation on it). I was actually really sad when they went away because we had so much fun with them. We went every where with them and they would show up for tea parties in the sandbox. When Keilani would make me food in her Kitchen, we always had a place for Amberdation and Calloweena. And then one day she just forgot them. In fact she doesn't even remember they existed - I just asked her and she said who's Amberdation, like my aunt?

So enjoy her while she lasts. One day she will just go away and you may just miss her little face.

By the way Keilani has other random visitors but Amberdation and Calloweena were her only permenant friends. The other just came and went as they pleased.

Keilani even drew me a picture of Calloweena one. She looked like a little girl with a pumpkin face. I thought it was silly.