CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Snow Day

So we went to bed Friday night and it was cold, but just raining...then we woke up to this!! Of course the second the kids woke up and looked out the window they wanted to go outside and play. But I had an meeting (to get ready for our christmas party this coming Friday, talk about stress week) in the morning and didn't want to "do the snow thing" before. SO I told them if they were good they could go out after my meeting.
And they waited somewhat patiently.

All bundled up and ready for some fun! They even thought it was fun to help Daddy shovel the driveway. I wonder how long that excitement will last??
Luckily I had just bought them new coats a few days prior, but was still in search for snow boots (which I have to say are not a cheap thing to buy, EVERY YEAR). So unfortunately here Ame is wearing tennis shoes and Kaipo is wearing Ame's old boots from last year (that of course don't fit her anymore). Despite the cold feet, they had a blast!
Mom headed out and did some shopping that afternoon and found snow boots for both the kids, so now they can be COMPLETELY warm and dry when they go out and play in the snow. I got both of their boots a few sizes bigger, hoping they will fit for a couple of years, I just don't know if they are TOO BIG.


Our Little Snow Angel
I have never been so appreciative for a backyard WITH a fence, as I am right now. It is awesome to let the kids go out and play in the snow (when I don't want to) and know that they are safe and cannot go anywhere...especially Kaipo.

2 comments:

ohana=)mama said...

I love it, Keilani had to wear some old black boots from her cousin (not snow boots) and if you look closely at the pic of Jimmy standing next to the snowman on our blog he has Keilani's pink snow boots on from last year. I chuckled a little when I read your blog and you were experiencing the same thing.

Debbie said...

oh what fun to play in the snow. I'm not so sure it will be fun to try and climb our hill when we get home.