CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 08, 2007

peaches

Once again, I have several things to catch up on. I just can't seem to find the time, regularly, to site down and blog what's happening with our family lately. So when I finally have some time, there is soo much to write about. Oh well, at least I am doing it.

One day this past week, my sister-in-law LeAnne and I canned some peaches. This is really odd for someone who has claimed to not like peaches her whole life (me). Well, I guess I kind of had a change of heart after I had some ohh soo yummy peach crapes. Little miss picky Ame has even had a change of heart. That is if the peaches are dipped in cool whip.
The canning wasn't as difficult as I anticipated. Maybe that was because I wasn't doing it alone and my mom was coaching us along the way. Either way, I feel pretty proud that I did it and have proof on my shelf now. I think we will even make a yummy peach dessert tomorrow!

1 comments:

Cyndi said...

I am doing the same thing right now. I was just taking a break while the peaches are boiling. Every time I do this, I think "What have I gotten myself into?" It's not hard, just time-consuming and a little overwhelming by yourself-especially with three kids around!!! It's so worth it though when you see what you've accomplished and your kids make yummy noises while eating them year-round! I'm canning pears as soon as I'm done. I've never done those before so I'm crossing my fingers that I don't ruin them! Wish me luck!