CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 22, 2007

SLEEP CHALLENGES

Well this is the latest with Kaipo and his wonderful bedtime/sleeping habits. The past week or so, the routine is: he gets out of his bed as soon as I leave the room, pounding on the door and yelling for mommy or daddy, I return 3-4 times continuing the same process and firmly telling him NOT to get out of his bed. After a while it becomes quiet, so I listen at the door for any playing or movement. Nothing I can hear. Later, I went in to check on him and this is what I found. Of course it's dark and this is how he'd finally given in-falling a sleep while reading a story. This chair is just next to the door. He is still in his crib. I know as soon as he started climbing out I should have switched him, for his own safety. But he seems to be an expert scaler, cuz we have not yet had any accidents or gotten hurt. I guess the next step is to put him in a "big-boy" bed and see what that does. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

what a cute little stinker--it must be hard to stay mad at him when he looks soooo adorable. But we do recommentd the "foot cuffs"

Anonymous said...

When I put Cooper in his bed I actually had to take away his nap- that way he was dead tired at 7:30 took only one minute to fall asleep with me laying by him and sleeps until 8 am! I missed him taking a nap but I like him going to bed early and sleeping in.

Eliza2006 said...

Not that you're looking for advice, but here you go. I know of someone who bought a tent type thing specifically made to put over the crib. http://perfectlysafe.stores.yahoo.net/96771.html If you're not ready to switch to a big boy bed this might be the ticket.

Tiffany

The Bastian's said...

Hey Brit,
You have such cute kids. I am going through some of the same stuff with my 2 year old. I have no idea how your doing it pregnant. You look beautiful too. You handle pregnancy gracefully! I hope you guys are doing good, just wanted to say hello!
Whit